


On my last trip to New York I dropped into Little Branch. No shopfront just a door on the street, proper speakeasy style. We had to wait for people to leave, its not a big joint. The cocktails here were fantastic. We started of with Gibsons in homage to Cary Grant in North by North West. Gin and pungent cocktail onions. They use a pick here to hack the ice.


I'm a big single malt fan as any designer should be, so for the next tipple I asked our hostess to prepare a drink using Scotch. The drink that arrived, a Fitzroy was amazing, peaty scotch with Maraschino cherries. I have searched for the full recipe and never found it. Maybe that makes it all the more special. We could do with a Little Branch type operation in Dublin.
Decent cocktails made by people who care with simple good food. I'd be a regular.

0 comments:
Post a Comment